Saturday, February 11, 2012

Week 6: 2/5/12-2/11/12

Sunday, February 5th: My Daddy's college buddy lives about 15 minutes from me and always hosts a party on Superbowl Sunday... which I'm ashamed to say I've never attended before now.  Before the party, Mimi, Hudson, Auntie and I trekked out to two different animal shelters (about 125 miles roundtrip driving) to continue the quest for a puppy for Grammy.  Then, we met up with Uncle and Pop at Sole Man's party where Hudson enjoyed snitching tastes of cheesecake, sour cream, ranch dressing, and salsa from mommy's fingers.  Oh yeah, there was a football game on too... right... well since neither team was one of "our teams" nor the Cowboys (who we hate), Hud and I weren't paying too much attention.Monday, February 6th: I've just got to say what a great Mimi Hudson has!  I was panicking about taking him to get his shots, so she came between her meetings (a total of 3+ hours driving for about 3 hours here) so she could sit with me during his appointment and hold my hand.
 Somehow we went from just this (sore nipples the last few days with the colder weather)...
 ... to this... but I think we have a solution!  His new pediatrician actually used to see Blake and Megan and I went to high school with her son - small world! :) She said that he does, in fact, have reflux and thrush, which are likely the causes of his icky tongue, throwing up, restless eating, hatred of laying on his back, etc.  She prescribed a few medications for us to take over the next couple weeks and has informed me that I need to eliminate dairy from my diet for at least a month (to see if he's got an intolerance) - which is going to be SO hard since I LOVE CHEESE!
Afterwards, we went to visit with Meagan and Ethan since we haven't seen them in a month... and oh, how the boys have changed!  Hudson looks really little in this picture, but he just wouldn't stay awake long sit up next to Ethan.
Tuesday, February 7th: First trip to the mall today to see Ms. Debra, a member from one of Mimi's meetings who is just smitten with the Hud pictures.
 Yes, I know Hudson's wearing the same outfit as yesterday, but it was washed and this was his third set of attire for the day.
Hudson knows how to survive the mall: get close to something related to boobies and take a nap!  Such a boy and SO his daddy's son :)
Wednesday, February 8th: Natalie had a sports physical for softball tryouts next week.  This will be the first time she's trying out for a sport and I'm hoping the best for her.  Unfortunately it kind of snuck up on us, so we're rushing around to get everything taken care of before tryouts; next up: get cleats and "sliders" (whatever those are) ASAP!  I finally posted weeks 4 and 5 and updated the tickers to accurately portray all the kiddos. Hudson rolled back to belly this morning - I'm pretty sure it was a fluke, but I'm so proud of him!  And when we took lunch to Nate, his coworkers were tickling Hudson's toes and he was smiling in response - he's starting to do new things every single day :) Then Hud had a nice nap in his room so we could test out our new baby monitor - I'm hoping to be able to use it more often here in the near future.  Oh, and Natalie made dinner tonight!  If you know anything about her and her fear of the kitchen, you'll know what a big accomplishment this is.  Luckily, it was relatively easy food (kielbasa and chicken flavored packaged rice), and we were able to get a picture.

Thursday, February 9th: Happy 70th Birthday, Grammy!  This picture is from a couple weeks ago, but I just love it: snuggling with her #1's #1 (and the first great-grandson) <3
Friday, February 10th: Shopping during the blustery chilliness today - thanks a bunch wacky NC weather!
Saturday, February 11th: Both girls have birthday parties today, so I planned to drop Alyssa at hers first at the East end of Wendover, then drop Natalie at hers at the West end of Wendover, then grab a little lunch before reversing the order to pick them up.  The plan was that Lyssie would be a few minutes early and Natalie would be a few minutes late, since both parties started at noon.  Problem is that no one showed up for Lyssie's birthday party.  Guests started showing up about 20 minutes later, so I left to drop Beanie - and got a text that the guests of honor FINALLY showed up 45 minutes after the party was supposed to start!  The rest of the day was chock full of money-spending: cleats and slider shorts for Natalie.

**note: I'm a failure at this picture-a-day thing. I'm 6 weeks late in getting this up and there's not even a picture for every day

No comments:

Post a Comment