Saturday, February 4, 2012

Week 5: 1/29/12-2/4/12

Sunday, January 29th: Today was Natalie's actual birthday, but we didn't do too much since we celebrated yesterday.  I made oatmeal applesauce pancakes for breakfast and pulled bbq chicken sandwiches for linner and we vegged out playing video games.
Monday, January 30th: I guess I should probably inventory Hudson's closet before freaking out that I'm down to my last diaper (scrounged out of the back-up diaper bag, nonetheless)... otherwise, this is what happens:
On a different note, I've been trying to figure out how to help foster Hudson's development so we're hitting those markers on time, so this week we're going to start working more diligently on development and try to start working on a schedule. He's kind of lost interest in trying to roll over and hates being laid on his back most of the time.  He likes his playmat from Mimi and Pop and just started (today, actually) "talking to" the animals and reaching towards them - though he'll reach out towards my glasses and grab ahold of my hair and the collar of my shirt, he hasn't really done much else in the hand-eye coordination department. 
Also, he's getting so strong holding his head up that I've been having a hard time burping him because he no longer wants to slouch over my hand to make it easy.  We don't have a Bumpo seat, but we have been working on him holding up his trunk and big ol' noggin'.  He still loves sitting in his carseat, but I wanted to see about getting him something a little more upright to work on the muscle control.  I got this super awesome reclining high chair seat at my baby shower and we set it up today for him to try out and he seems to love it - except that he can't nap in it the way he can in his carseat.
So I tried laying him in his crib during nap time (only after he'd fallen asleep on the couch for about 10 minutes though):
Tuesday, January 31st: The girls brought home report cards today - they both got straight A's for the semester!! So proud! We dressed warmly today since it's been chilly but sweated through, so Hudson got to wear shorts and short sleeves when we got home... on the last day of January... crazy!  This was the first Tuesday since Hud's been born that we didn't see Mimi, and we were a little discombobulated.


Wednesday, February 1st: Ah, North Carolina weather!  Sunny and warm one day; chilly and drizzly the next.  Since today was so nasty, we spent the day curled up on the couch snuggling - Hudson sleeping, me drinking hot cocoa and rereading a favorite book.
Thursday, February 2nd: What does Valentine's Day look like with two teenagers and a two-month old?  I planned our family date night to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse for next  Saturday and bought a couple <3 goodies <3  In looking-back-at-New-Year-resolutions news: I'm doing so-so on the blog.  Every day gets documented, just not necessarily in a timely manner.  I got on the scale today and was below my pre-pregnancy weight and switched out my size 2 jeans (last week's accomplishment of pre-baby jeans) and into my size 0, pre-Nate ones.  As long as I stayed standing, they fit perfectly; sitting, they're still a little snug.

Friday, February 3rd:  Shop. Shop. Shop. Pancakes. Shop. Shop. Shop. Shop. Pancakes. Crash after sugar-high.  I decided that while I was out today, I was finally going to eat some long-craved sushi for lunch... but when the time came, I ended up at IHOP... not quite the same... then, when I finally finished, it was pushing 7pm.  We had nothing thawed.  Oh wait, I just bought blueberry pancake mix.  Crisis averted.  Yay pancakes! (sadly, this picture is not my own; they disappeared too quickly!)
Saturday, February 4th: Happy 2 Months, Monkey!!  To celebrate, we're (finally) watching Kung Fu Panda 2.  Hud LOVES Monkey... how fitting :)  We also started looking for a puppy for Grammy.  We thought we'd get her one for her upcoming birthday, since Simba isn't doing so hot lately :(


No comments:

Post a Comment