Friday, November 18, 2011

If I Can't Keep Up With This Now, How Will I Be Able to Once He's Here?!?!?!

I've been so scatter-brained lately that I can't even begin to think about updating this blog... which is such a bad omen for days to come!

We've obviously had a few appointments and ultrasounds since I posted last, but not really a lot of new pictures (at least not what amounts to the usual barrage) and not too many updates... until recently.







At 33 weeks, he was measuring 4 pounds, 8 ounces and had HAIR!!

My cervix is still shortening, but there's not much they can really do about it now (especially since at this point, that's what they're supposed to be doing in preparation for birth).  As of my appointment at the OB on Wednesday (34 weeks), I'm dilated to "a fingertip" - which is around 1cm.  I've started having contractions consistently 20 minutes apart, but I'm having a hard time figuring out if this is the real deal.  They're not debilitating - just really uncomfortable, and they don't extend into my back - but my stomach gets rock hard!  So I guess we're just playing the waiting game now - wonder when little mister's going to make his grand debut!?!?!
Speaking of new arrivals: one of my really dear friends, Meagan, and her hubby, Aaron, welcomed their son Ethan Gray into the world last night! 6 lbs 8 oz 18 3/4" long.  They're all doing well, though Ethan's in NICU right now for observation (he was born at 38 weeks, but she was in labor with him FOREVER and had to have a c-section at the end, once they hit about 48 hours post-induction due to high blood pressure) - pictures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment