Sunday, November 6, 2011

ok, this post is out of order date-wise :-/ (are you surprised i'm playing catch-up?)

Ugh! I didn't post pictures from the baby shower! How will I choose which ones need to be documented here (versus Facebook, where all ~200 are proudly displayed)? Let's see if I can pick just a couple... 






It was an amazing time and I'm so blessed to have the support system that I do - and glad that everyone wanted to come out and celebrate our little miracle!

I ended up taking a week off of work to see if the "rest" would combat the shortening cervix, constant pain in my lower back and hips, etc.  Doesn't seem to have done anything for the cervix, but it was nice to be home in my pjs where I could slowly start nesting.

32 weeks was pretty uneventful for us - though I have to mention how mad I was at the hospital! It was the first ultrasound that Nate had been on this side of the country for in a while, and it was a growth ultrasound - meaning that we got to spend longer looking at more detailed aspects of our baby... or we would've if our tech hadn't been so apathetic.  She moved the wand around so quickly, I didn't even get a clear shot of anything except his heart.  He wasn't wanting to breathe for her (though he had a couple gasps and hiccups, which she - and only she - doesn't count), so all we watched was his diaphram for the entire appointment.  Not a single picture!! :(  But, he is measuring at 4 pounds, 8 ounces and looks like he's going to be a big/healthy/chunky little boy.

So it's holiday time again... :-/

Halloween: we're still having a hard time getting the girls to understand that there comes a point when you're too big to go trick-or-treating... Last year, we all went out for dinner and saw a scary movie, had the discussion that they were too big/old, and I thought that was the end of it.  But this year, they started in again with the "I want to be [insert random, hard to create on short notice, character here]".  Luckily, Nate was home early that night (I guess Halloween is an observed holiday with DriveTime and they closed at 6:30 to allow their people to induce sugar comas with their families) so we ordered pizza and a scary movie at home... and the girls still had to dress up for our 3 trick-or-treat-ers (Alyssa was a geisha and Natalie was Darth Maul).


Thanksgiving is right around the corner!  While it's one of those holidays that has, unfortunately, been so discombobulated over the years, I LOVE THANKSGIVING!  And I'm going to admit that I love it for the social reasons: food, food, and more food!  My hubby's family is Native American in descent, so it's got a slightly more... hostile?... feeling in our home, but this year, I'm focusing on the fact that I'm a million months pregnant and can eat everything in sight rather than the PC ramifications of waltzing into a country and booting all the natives - sorry, I'll be back to my normal self next year.  And speaking of Thanksgiving brings to mind turkey (though we always have ham instead), and I'd like to note that this turkey timer is just about ready to pop!

I've started thinking about our Christmas cards/baby announcements and have a few designs saved as favorites - just waiting on specifics of little mister and a photo op.  This year isn't going to be too exciting (the girls will be with their mom, we'll be sleep deprived from a newborn, etc), but I'm so thrilled that Hudson will be here in time for this part of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment