Sunday, November 6, 2011

What A Memorable Weekend!

So just  quick post to talk about all the momumental newness this weekend brought:

The girls each had a sleepover on Friday - now, I'm sure you're thinking "ok, so what did you do that was so memorable?", but that was the special moment. Since they've lived in Greensboro (and possibly before, discounting family and friends of the family, of course), the girls have never spent the night away from home. So they both got to enjoy a night away from home with a bunch of their girlfriends, and I got to think how nutso both of these mamas are with multiple teenagers + other siblings in their homes and appreciate the peace and quiet of a date night with my hubby!

I've been nesting... in very small increments. I took all the tags off the baby clothes one day. I washed one size another day, and another size after that. It's been about an hour of "work" at a time - mostly because I'm in nesting denial... until now. This weekend, I finally started panicking about the fact that Hudson could be here any time now and I didn't have the carseat washed and installed; I didn't have the bedding washed; I didn't have the crib or the pack-n-play set up - nothing! So we set to work and knocked out almost all of the nusery in one day.  All that's left is to paint the letters on the wall, stock up on a few more essentials, and figure out a plan for our living room that allows me an easy nursing place (since it's not going to happen in the nursery - no space for a glider/rocker/comfy chair in there!  But, if I do say so myself, it looks amazing - and I'm starting to feel a little more "ready"!


No comments:

Post a Comment