Saturday, January 7, 2012

New Year = New Approach 1.1.12-1.7.12

New Year's Resolutions:
  1. Get back to pre-baby weight ASAP (no later than my birthday)... and if I can get back to pre-Nate weight, that'd be even better.
  2. Get back into pre-baby jeans ASAP (they're the only thing that doesn't fit)... and if I can get back into pre-Nate jeans, I'd be ecstatic.
  3. Dedicate time for blogging.  I just realized that the only pictures on here of my little mister are the ones on our Christmas card/baby announcement.  Bad Momma! 
So I've decided to change things up a little bit.  I'm going to set my blog to automatically post on Saturdays and I'm going to jot down things that happen during the week as they come up - that way I'm not struggling to remember a month later when I'm doing another famous catch-up post.  Also, I'm going to try to take a picture every day - or at least a few each week - to document the goings on of our lives... so when I go to fill the next collage for the wall, it won't be so difficult to find pictures to put in it.

Here goes.

Sunday, January 1st: Nate's sister Angie and her kiddos (Salissa - 18, Maddy - 14, Seiji - 11) came to visit for New Year's Eve.  We had a relatively uneventful time, but we were ALL awake at midnight when the ball dropped!
Monday, January 2nd: Nate had the day off!!  DriveTime observes Sunday holidays the following Monday, so he got a rare day off.  Since the girls are out of school, we all sat around playing Final Fantasy together.
Tuesday, January 3rd: Hudson and I trekked to Raleigh to visit the chiropractor (my old injuries have been flaring up again with the beating of being pregnant, delivery, and now the adjustment to toting around a quickly-growing little one all the time).  We got to run around town with Mimi and visit her co-workers, old friends, do a little shopping, and spend a few minutes with Pop, Auntie, and Uncle (plus the puppies).  Nate's car broke down on the side of the road on my way home, which terrified me, but he was able to get a ride home safely.
Wednesday, January 4th: After taking Nate to work in the morning since his driver had to be towed in, Hudson and I spent a glorious day at home.  He's been a little fussy lately - randomly going from being perfectly content and smiling to actually crying (as opposed to his pterodactyl squeal).  He's been sleeping differently the last couple days - stretching out feedings to 3-4 hours a couple times in a row then power-eating every hour.
Thursday, January 5th: We had lunch with Meagan and Ethan today at Applebee's.  This was one of the first times that Meagan had been out with Ethan and we were so glad that we got to spend time with them!  He's gotten sooo big since we saw them last (though I'm sure Hudson has too, since our last visit was when I was in the hospital).  The boys were very well-behaved throughout lunch, cuddling and munching a little, but mostly just relaxing.  Thank goodness we weren't "those" parents - you know the ones... screaming children, messy tables, distraught server, annoyed patrons around us.  Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture of the boys together this time (though I wish I had, since it was exactly a month after the last picture we have of them together, but maybe next time).  Later on, Hudson was helping me level my black mage in Final Fantasy XI so we could play with Daddy and the girls.
Friday, January 6th: What a busy day! Little man got up just before 8am to eat, threw up all over the place, pooped on me, peed on me (after we got out of the shower), and has been generally cranky today and didn't want to nap until 4pm!  Washed 6 loads of laundry, did 3 loads of dishes, scrubbed the counters, sink, and stove, did some cleaning out of our closet (still have a lot left to do there), cleaned our bathroom, organized the living room, had a lovely visit with an old friend/employer, and spent FOREVER making my "famous" lasagna.  Had to pick the girls up from school after they auditioned for all-state chorus, but spent the later part of the evening watching TV and playing FFXI... and Nate's promotion finally went through - he's officially out of training - sooooo proud of him!!
Saturday, January 7th: One good thing about him having his days/nights confused is that he sleeps all day and is a wonderful travel baby.  That being said, we had a crazy day of running around and still not getting anything done... how does this happen??  We spent 6 hours and $200 running around town to get (most of) the necessities - not particularly new/exciting/different.  But you know what is?  I was going through his outfits trying to find something for him to wear (this spit-up thing has us going through TONS of laundry) and started setting aside the outfits that weren't fitting well any more... and there were quite a few of them.  Hudson is wearing a 3-6 month outfit today :( He's so skinny that they're tent-like on him, but as long as he is, the rest of the outfits are making him all scruchy.  I'm sure that, since this outfit is a hand-me-down, it's shrunk at least a little, but still... 3-6 months already?!?!?!

**Note: Sorry for the delay in this post.  My calendar on my computer was set incorrectly, which means that the auto-posting was messed up.**

1 comment:

  1. Sad day when you have to start packing up super cute outfits that don't fit anymore : (

    They don't stay little forever and putting clothes away is definitely a way to remember that!!!

    Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete