Saturday, January 21, 2012

Week 3: January 15th-21st

Sunday, January 15th: This is the beginning of couple very difficult days for us.  A year ago today, the events were set in motion that would lead to the injury of my placenta and the announcement of the passing of our daughter, Kylie Jeanne.  As much as I miss her every day, especially considering how much Hudson looks like her, I take solace in the knowledge that everything happens for a reason and we have completed our little family with the welcome of our little man since then.  I know she's watching over us and looking out for her little brother.
Monday, January 16th: Happy Birthday to my little brother, Blake, who is 15 today! Hard to believe how quickly the time has flown.  Seems like just yesterday he was a sweet, cuddly little baby and today he's an opinionated, sassy almost-man with facial hair and a deep voice!
Tuesday, January 17th: Shop 'til you drop!  No, really.  Mimi came to town today and we went to BJ's to do some grocery shopping for those few items that are more convenient to buy in super-size (for cost only, since space is always super limited).  It's been a while since I've done BJ's shopping and I guess I'm out of practice because Hudson and I crashed when we were done :)
Wednesday, January 18th: Happy Birthday to my wonderful Mommy - Mimi, I guess she is now.  Congratulations on another year of practice at being 29! (Though, I think you might have to start bumping that number up as I quickly approach the last year of aging myself :-P)
Thursday, January 19th: Today has been a not-very-relaxing day at home. Hudson's been feeling a little off since late last night - leading to lots of throwing up, crying, and cuddling time. As much as I love my little man, it's really hard on days when all he does is cry. :( Natalie spent the night at her friend's house this evening, and Nate's started his "tax time" hours and was working late, so Lyssie and I spent the evening watching girly movies!
Friday, January 20th: Well Hudson was a little better today - still napping lots, but not throwing up as much... bad news is that now I've got a case of the ickies: fever, chills, headache, body aches, shivers, exhaustion. That being said, we spent a TON of time snuggled up sleeping on the couch.  Glad we could make each other feel better and I hope that this doesn't last too long.
Saturday, January 21st: Still feeling a little under the weather today, so we aren't heading to Raleigh to celebrate Mimi's birthday party today, but we're going to postpone that to Tuesday evening when we're heading out there anyways.  Tons more snuggling going on today while we try to kick the end of our not-feeling-wells, and we're going for some comfort food instead of going anywhere on this drizzly, cold, nasty January day: chicken and dumplings.

No comments:

Post a Comment