Saturday, April 28, 2012

Week 17: 4/22/12-4/28/12

Sunday, April 22nd: Getting a little frustrated that Hud will roll over for everyone else, but as soon as I'm around, he freezes up. It's a good thing that other people are seeing it, or I might think I've made it up :-P But a glorious Happy Earth Day! It's been raining less than 24 hours and we've got at least 3" of standing water in our yard - yuck! I did venture out into the nastiness though to get a brown sharpie for Hud's growth chart, and found a great deal at Staples - collage frame that holds 2-4x4 & 2-4x6 for $0.50 each... so I got all 3 - happy Mother's Day and Father's Day for my parents in the making :)


Monday, April 23rd: A bit of an off day schedule wise. Naps were all out of sync and Hudson ended up going down for the night at 615. Maybe a touch of sleep deprivation leftover from our action-packed weekend?
Tuesday, April 24th: Raleigh again today, but without much purpose. Mimi was supposed to come to Greensboro, but Nate had to be at the Capital Blvd store, so we hitched a ride into town to just hang out. I did notice in the pictures from today how chubby Hud's cheeks are getting (a relief as I was a little worried that bumping up his solid foods would make him nurse less and not gain weight as well). We had a delicious dinner with Mimi, Pop, Auntie, and Nate when he got off work. Not very often that he gets to hang out with them, but they sure do love him! :)

Wednesday, April 25th: Since Hudson has decided that he'll roll over for anyone but me (I've missed at least part of every single one of the numerous rolls so far), I camped out, determined to see - and record - at least one. The first one today was so fast that I only got the second part recorded. So, I flipped him back over, told him to slow down so I could catch it all, and reset the record feature... and the second roll was so slow, I'm sure he was mocking me! But I got to see it and recorded it, and got it up on Facebook :) Nate was home for most of the day with us, which freed me up to rock out to Pearl Jam and make some fake Chinese for dinner :)

Thursday, April 26th: Hudson has decided over the last few days that we're going to revert back to co-sleeping on the couch and nursing every 45 minutes, so one of my friends recommended "The No-Cry Sleep Solution", which I've started reading with voraciousness!

Friday, April 27th: What an amazing day! Hudson was wonderfully behaved today :) We had brunch with Fran at the Moose Cafe at the Farmer's Market and went with her to get ferns for her parents, then did some random running around. Little man was in such a great mood all day, had a couple short naps, and was incredibly pleasant... until about 620pm, when all hell broke loose, and he screamed until falling asleep at 830. No real reason that I could discern, but boy, was he unhappy. Funny how babies can go from screaming one second to crashed the next... and how quickly I can crash too. I don't remember talking to my mom after putting Hud down, Nate calling or coming home, or falling asleep on the couch. Next thing I knew, it was 1230 and we were waking up for a feeding. Strange, huh?
Saturday, April 28th: Not a whole lot going on today since it was so chilly: went to the library, made pizza muffins (with a modified recipe = delicious!), found out my grandmother is moving to Minnesota in the fall, started working on the changes I'm reading about in the sleep book, etc. Not quite as good of a day as yesterday, but better than we've had in the recent past.

No comments:

Post a Comment