Sunday, September 11, 2011

9/11/11 - 10 Years Already?

I've mentioned before how - day-to-day, yes, but especially while pregnant - I should absolutely NOT listen to sad music, watch sad movies/tv shows, think about anything sad, etc. because once the waterworks start, there's no stopping them.

And today is 9/11.  I refuse to watch the news.  I refuse to listen to the radio.  I refuse to open a newspaper/news website.  I just don't think I can handle the images from 10 years ago. 

I was sitting in Environmental Science when it happened.  I remember walking into class and the TV being on - which it wasn't usually - and we all just stood there as the planes crashed into the buildings over and over again in slow motion, smoke billowing, and my classmates gasping each time.

So today, I plan to honor those lives we lost by being grateful for the life I have and those who have fought for (and are still fighting for) our freedom in order for me to live this life.

Read Laura's blog here for an Army wife's perspective

No comments:

Post a Comment