Tuesday, September 20, 2011

What A Week It's (Already) Been...

Is it really only Tuesday? It's already been a crazy week and I'm already counting down hours until the weekend!

Yesterday, we were in court for the custody situation with the girls.  Veronica subpoena'd Nate and the girls' presence - against the judge's wishes - so we were in Carthage at 830am.  It was a VERY long and uncomfortable day while the details were hashed out, but (for now, at least) we seem to have come to an understanding with her in regards to the girls.  She will have them for Thanksgiving or Christmas alternating years and for 7 weeks - they must be back at least one week before school starts - each summer (Thanksgiving, we're meeting her halfway to Siler City, where her parents are, but Christmas and summer we have to meet her halfway - SC? GA?).  Any other dates/times that she wants will have to be proposed in writing and decided upon between her and Nate, but are not guaranteed... which looks like we'll have less of the surprise "I'm in town and want to see the girls" and less bickering about visitation.  The girls will get their cell phones back at reasonable times.  Aside from this, nothing's really changing.  The judge told Nate and Veronica that they need to work on communicating more efficiently about the girls (no more finding out when they come back that they were at the ER 5 times while down there!) and specifically looked at Veronica while discussing the fact that the girls are a product of the relationship they have/had and that they need parents, not friends.  Hopefully this will be the end of it for a while (they went to court for the final word in 2008, so let's hope this holds more than a couple years) and our lives - with our family, here, in our home - will be able to resume its normal feel and routine again soon.

2:45am found us getting up and ready to take Nate to the airport today for his 5am flight to Phoenix for his initial training for GMIT (promotion to taking over the dealership).  Luckily, I was able to get everything packed on Saturday so that we were able to toss the bags in the car and roll with relative ease.  Now, keep in mind that 1) I'm hormonal and 2) Nate and I have spent a grand total of 5 nights apart since we got serious - one of which we were in the same house, just different rooms... but I made it until he walked through the first set of electronic doors into the airport before bursting into tears at the thought of him being gone until midnight Friday/Saturday when his flight comes in.  This will be an incredible opportunity for our family and I'm so proud of Nate for sticking it out through the rough times and being promoted so quickly in a field he was previously unfamiliar!

I got a call this morning from my OB that they want me going in for weekly (yes, weekly) ultrasounds from here on out to measure the baby's amniotic fluid/movement/breathing - and they scheduled it for tomorrow and were just letting me know... so I'll be doing some serious scrambling to 1) try to catch up on the work I missed while in court yesterday and 2) trying to find an appointment time that will work for work/me/mom (she doesn't want me going to the hospital by myself).  Fortunately, I've been too busy so far today to dwell on this week's correspondence with the week I lost Kylie, but I'm hoping that seeing little mister this week will help me be less of a basketcase.  There will likely be lots of posts this week as I work through all of the chaos and pray that things resume a "normal" pace here before too long!

No comments:

Post a Comment