Friday, September 2, 2011

Memories of Minutia

I had one of those "time-stands-still" moments this morning...

Nate and I were both in the bathroom (it's super tiny and the sink is right next to the door), cramped in front of the mirror, trying to get ready for work at the same time without getting in each others' way. He's got a new (sharp) razor against his face and I'm straightening my hair - so we're both in the "dangerous" phase of getting ready.  I love watching him get ready for work, and since he's so focused on the fact that he's running late, I got to watch him without making him nervous.

And time seemed to stand still. I know it sounds ridiculous, but I had one of those "how unusual that my life has come to this" moments when I realized that we're settling into that old-married-couple routine that I'd always dreamed of. Never in a million years would I have thought my life would be here now, would have gone through what it has to get here, but I'm so glad  - and it's little moments like this that get burned into my memory to be cherished for years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment