Sunday, September 9, 2012

Here We Go Again!!

On September 1st, we found out that we're having another baby!  Nate and I have differing opinions on how this sort of news should be revealed - he wants me to just tell him, so I don't freak him out.  I on the other hand, like to make a production out of everything!


We haven't actually been "trying" persay, but we haven't been against the idea.  Alyssa and Natalie are 19 months apart and we knew that we'd like to have another rather quickly so that Hudson and s/he can be close too - so we're looking at about 16.5-17 months.

I started looking for a new OB/GYN, not that there was anything wrong with the practice that I saw while pregnant with Hudson (I LOVED THE NURSE, TINA) but I really would like to get back to seeing a midwife, and that practice doesn't have one on staff.  I picked a place in Burlington - which would mean delivering at a different hospital too - and went for my initial appointment where they told me I'm pregnant (yes, I know, I've taken a million tests) and set up my appointment to go over paperwork before we leave for Georgia next week.  Then, after we get back, I'll have my first appointment with my midwife, but they don't do early ultrasounds to date the baby... which I'm particularly against.  My cycle just isn't reliable enough (okay, really? 3 periods in 3 years? I don't think so!) to date an entire pregnancy off of.  The first ultrasound they do is at 20 weeks when you find out the gender... so we're going to be having a discussion about how high risk I was previously and see if they'll change their policy because of that... and if not, looks like I'll be looking elsewhere.

So my due date is April 28, 2013 if I go to term, though if this one follows the same funneling trend as Hudson did, we may be rushing against the tax-time-deadline for Nate's schedule.  I was really bad about keeping up with updates with Hudson, and one of the blogs I read Between the Lines is written by a lady who's having her #2 at the end of March/beginning of April.  She has a great format for updating the same things every week, so you readers get less garbledygook, so I might just have to *adopt* it.


Today is: September 9, 2012

How far along: 7 weeks

Total weight gain: +0.2 pounds

Baby is the size of: A blueberry, about 1/2 an inch. Doubled since last week!

What's going on with the babe: This week, hands and feet are emerging from developing arms and legs. He or she is developing kidneys, and generating about 100 new brain cells each minute!

What's going on with the mama: Just trying to keep my head above the water, helping Nate out however I can, keeping the house tolerably tidy, wrestling with an almost-mobile, ornery 9-month-old, juggling schedules and chauffeuring two teenagers, working part-time, visiting my family a few days each week, and getting ready for our upcoming roadtrip.

Baby is a: boy or a girl... too soon to tell.

Maternity clothing: I literally JUST finished putting away all the clothes from being pregnant with Hudson and it's time to start pulling them out again.  I don't need to wear them yet, but I'd like to have them handy.  Mom bought a bunch for me when we were in Raleigh on Tuesday/Wednesday because Target has just about everything on sale right now.

Sleep: Hahaha, like I sleep! Remember, I'm the one with the 9-month-old who gets up 6-10+ times a night still.  But, the upside is that when potty-time strikes, I'm usually up already.

Movement: Too soon to feel, but it was ~11 weeks with Hudson, so hopefully not too much longer.  I seem to feel more secure in the pregnancy when I can feel the little booger wiggling around.

Food cravings/aversions: Nothing too new/different yet.  My sweet tooth has been a little stronger, but I'm always a sugar junkie so I'm not surprised.

Symptoms: nasty acne (now I super look 16!), slight nausea, and more frequent trips to the bathroom, but overall feeling pretty good!

How this pregnancy is different than before: I never cramped before, either time. I was nauseous both times (and now) but never got sick with Hudson.  I've been close but we'll have to see which pregnancy this trends after.  I never had acne with Hud, but I look like a pizza face this time around.

How the big brother was this week: Tooth #3 has just a thin film of skin left over it and #4 is right behind it, so he's been moody.  On the upside, though, he's been napping better during the day (nighttime is still a nightmare) and has been super cuddly.

The best moment(s) of this past week: We got a new car! We knew that we'd have to look at an SUV or van with a third row once we got the positive, since we just can't fit 4 big people and 2 car seats into a 4 seater car (ok, it seats 5, but not comfortably). So when the Aviator popped up on Nate's radar, we jumped at the opportunity. It's got a hefty number of miles on it, but it's in really good condition and we got it for a steal... plus Nate just LOVES his Lincolns!

I'm looking forward to: Roadtrip!! On Tuesday, Hudson and I are heading to Raleigh, where we'll pack up the Odyssey like a clown car and head to Georgia with Mimi and Auntie until the 23rd.  And our anniversary dinner date tonight... just the two of us!  My awesome friend, Meagan, has agreed to watch Hud so Nate and I can go to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse for an early anniversary dinner.

1 comment: