Saturday, September 8, 2012

Week 36: 9/2/12-9/8/12

Sunday, September 2nd: We bought Hudson some really cute shoes over the last few days, and I just wanted to document how stylin' my little guy is :)  He's also recently developed a love for "soft blankie" which is silly because he has one he sleeps on, but isn't partial to, at my mom's house, and we tried to have him sleep on this one to get him sleeping longer... to no avail... but now he's obsessed!

Monday, September 3rd: Crazy curl day!  No matter what I tried to do with his hair today, that Whoville curl just kept going bonkers :)  Hudson has learned over the last few days how to push up on his knees and/or feet, but hasn't made any more progress in the traditional crawling movement.  He did realize that the vacuum makes noise, though (along with the springy doorstops), and is now enthralled.  The only problem is that his new loves are near outlets, so we had to break out the outlet covers today!


Tuesday, September 4th: We've started planning Hudson's first birthday party, and though he showed no interest in them whatsoever, we decided that it would be dinosaur themed.  Today, when we were waiting FOREVER at the chiropractor, I gave him a dino out of their toy box and he actually preferred playing with it over my keys (unheard of!), giving it kisses (okay, nose bumps, but those are his version), snuggling, and hamming it up for the camera.  To celebrate his 9 month "birthday" we went to Chili's for lunch, where Hudson dined in style on grilled chicken, ham, tomato, avocado, and french fries... which he learned to bite off for the first time!!



Wednesday, September 5th: My friend from middle school, Alex, lives in Utah and has an adorable little 10 (+ a little bit) month old boy named Charlie.  When I found out that they were coming east for a visit, I jumped on the opportunity for the boys to have a play date... okay, I just wanted to get  together and catch up, but it was a great excuse.  Charlie was napping when we showed up, and was awoken to find a strange little baby (okay, Hudson weighs more than him, but is a couple inches shorter) who wanted to tackle him to give kisses... and he was rather terrified!  All in all, they were adorable, though not really interactive, and we (us baby's mommies and our mommies too) got a chance to compare notes, catch up on everything we missed in the last 11 years, and spend some girl time together!  Hudson and I had to leave Raleigh in a rush though, because WE GOT A NEW CAR!  Nate had seen it pop up on the radar, and we knew that we couldn't beat the price, so we snatched it up.  Happy (early) anniversary to me :)

Thursday, September 6th: Rather uneventful day today... I spent most of it on conference calls (did I mention I went back to "work" - work from home, part time, like 10-15 hours a week starting at the beginning of the month?  No?  Oops.)  Hudson was, of course, a mile a minute today until he crashed in my arms for a great snuggley nap, then was back to wild until bedtime.  He's started unplugging the tub every time I put him in it... usually once he's done, but tonight was before I'd even rinsed him to start the lathering.  Silly stinker!
Friday, September 7th: Lyssie is having her first lock-in tonight.  The NJROTC is doing gate guard at the football game, sleeping in the annex, then leaving for a field trip to Conover at 5am.  Today, I had a doctor's appointment so they could tell me what I already knew... don't you just love paying doctors for doing nothing?  Yeah, me too >.<  Every time I turned around today, Hudson was playing with the doorstop.  It's springy and noisy, so why wouldn't he be drawn to it?
Saturday, September 8th: Lots of grocery shopping, meal planning, list-making, and cooking as I try to prepare a stash of food for while I'm gone.  I know, I know, they managed for years before they met me, but they've gotten spoiled, and I want to make sure they're eating more than mac & cheese, chicken nuggets, and hot dogs.

1 comment: